smoothies - DRINK YOURSELF HEALTHY
whizz up our delicious recipes
Join the health revolution and discover why smoothies have become so popular. Your taste buds will never be bored with one of our many recipes.
These wonderful creations are the new easy way to health, wellness and vitality and it’s easy to see why. They are fun and nutritious and never humdrum.
As you delve into this site discover how one of these thick, creamy concoctions can jumpstart your weight loss, increase energy levels, improve your health and transform your life.
What You Will Learn
- How to lose weight drinking smoothies
- How to boost the levels of antioxidants, vitamins and other nutrients with superfoods
- What to add to turn them into a complete meal
- Which ingredients you should avoid
Kids will love these because they taste good. Moms will love them because they are healthy. Result? Everybody is happy.
Variety is the spice of life. Mix things up. Don’t drink the same one every day. Mixing up your greens and fruits not only tempts your tastebuds but also ensures you get all the vitamins and minerals your body needs.
Drink slowly, sip by sip, rather than gulping them down. This helps the digestive processes.
Because the possibilities are endless, sometimes the choices available can seem overwhelming, but we will show you how to make a blended drink that’s loaded with nutrients. We list the best ingredients to use and which to avoid, so you don’t end up with a sugar and calorie-laden disaster.
Why a Smoothie?
I believe there are a number of reasons why smoothies have experienced such a surge in popularity:
- A blended drink filled with fresh fruits will satisfy all those sweet cravings.
- Struggle to get the kids to eat their greens? You can cram so many greens into one daily drink.
- They are far healthier than a chocolate or cookie.
- They are so easy to make. There’s no cooking involved, no complex recipe to follow. Even taking into account prep time, creating one will only take you between 10 and 15 minutes to make, tops.
- They can be eaten on the go. All you need is a to-go cup and you can happily sip on your way to work, on your way home from the gym, in fact, anywhere.
- They look so colorful and inviting with their vibrant greens, pale pinks and bright reds.
- They can easily be a complete meal, a mid-morning or afternoon snack, a light dinner or simply something cool on a hot day.
Why You Should Make Your Own
- Homemade is far healthier than the store-bought variety. By making your own you are in control.
- Commercially prepared varieties often contain added sugar or sweeteners with not a piece of fruit in sight. By adding fruit you have sufficient sweetness without any extra sugar.
- It is actually cheaper to make your own, especially if you buy your fruit and veggies in bulk and freeze them.
So skip the store-bought varieties, and get chopping, freezing and blending. Not only will you save money, but your body will thank you with improved health, better skin and hair, more energy and a feeling of well-being.
A Smoothie a Day
Smoothies are far easier and quicker to prepare than many other foods. It just takes a little bit of planning and preparation.
- Make sure you always have frozen fruit on hand
- Keep a supply of bananas as a base or a thickener
- Stock the cupboards and fridge with soy, nut or almond milks
- Have a supply of greens in the crisper section of your fridge to throw into the mix